Intellectual Property Office
Newport, South Wales
6 month initial contract
SC Clearance required
Summary of the work
Since the EU referendum decision, the IPO has been planning to ensure the best possible outcomes on Intellectual Property and this includes preparing systems that support our trade mark service and the implementation of the EU Directive. The post is pivotal in the successful delivery of this IPO critical programme.
Who the specialist will work with
- Programme Senior Responsible owner, Programme management team, programme office, project managers.
What the specialist will work on
- The specialist will lead and pro-actively manage a multi-disciplinary team of portfolio, project and agile specialists on behalf of the Programme Senior Responsible owner.
- The specialist will work alongside the Programme Management Team to plan and track the programme plan giving direction and challenging when needed.
- The specialist will manage the interdependencies and impacts across the programme including identifying opportunities and alternatives to improve the performance of the programme and report on programme health and establish a culture of data driven decision-making.
- The specialist will work with the Project and Programme Management Office to ensure governance and controls are fit-for-purpose.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience
- Proven capability in planning, monitoring and controlling complex programmes and projects
- Proven capability in managing stakeholders’ expectations; experienced at facilitating discussions across high risk and complex matters and balancing priorities
- Proven capability in actively addressing risks, issues and dependencies
- Working experience of procurement process and negotiation with third parties (RFI, RFT and ITT process, selection and bid process management)
- Sound knowledge of project and programme delivery methodologies: waterfall and agile
- Fully skilled in MS Office suite (Outlook, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
- Must have 12 months + experience within government
- Must have at least 5 years + project / programme management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate evidence of delivery of change
- Must have experience in operational and change projects / programmes, within portfolios of up to £10m
- Must be able to solve and unblock issues between teams or departments at the highest level
- Must be able to optimise the delivery flow of teams; lead a continual planning process in a very complex environment and identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery
- Must be able to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries and manage all stakeholder expectations
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Preparation of business cases and GDS related documentation.