Service Transition Manager
Service Transition Manager 29887
Location: Corsham, Basil Hill Site
Rate: £524 (Inside IR-35)
Contract Length: 10 Months
The role will sit within the ‘Operate’ pillar of Information Systems and Services (ISS) ensuring services continually meet their performance requirements and provide Value for Money (VfM) to Defence.
- The post will liaise closely with contracted Delivery Partners, holding them to account for service performance.
- The individual will manage the transition of service into Service Performance liaising closely with ISG in the Develop pillar.
- They will also be responsible for financial forecasting and reporting within an allocated budget in accordance with ISS finance and commercial policy.
- Appointee will be expected to work in a mixed team environment or Armed Forces, Civil Servants and MOD contracted personnel, demonstrate solid communication skills, understand the importance of stakeholder engagement and able to use their own initiative to deliver required outcomes successfully in a timely manner.
- The post will need to travel on occasion to ISS, MOD and contractor sites.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Working with the Delivery pillar SMEs to determine what services can be transitioned to SP, including timeframe and how services will be transitioned.
- Preparation of all documentation to facilitate the handover of services to Operate.
- Definition of training and user information needs to become the ‘Interoperability Hub’ which will be part of the service to be provided by ‘Operate’.
- Support to live services as services are transitioned to include at a high level: Performance management and incident management.
- Customer management and liaison.
- Problem management and continual service improvement.
On a lower level:
- Identify risks and issues associated with live services and implement mitigation plans.
- Resolution of Live Service Escalations.
- Resolution of Customer Issues.
- Continue to work with Delivery to transition and accept new and changed services.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, prioritise and drive improvements to Live Services.
- Manage contracts and budgets ensuring VfM.
- Ensure services are delivered in a compliant manner.
- Participate in security incident/vulnerability investigation and reporting.
- Attend relevant meetings and working groups.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and audit trails.
- Knowledge transfer to Crown Servants once recruited.