Data Director / Data Operations Director - Midlands - £120-130k + car + bonus + LTIPs
This role leads a newly formed Data Office with accountability for leading, managing and continuously improving end-to-end processes (receive, prep, evaluate, secure, load, retrieve, amend and archive) for high-volume/high-asset value data in a complex, matrix organisation data environment.
The role must engage direct and indirect teams while ensuring data is managed according to established service levels, quality, risk and security standards, policies. You will also need to manage both an onshore and offshore team ensuring alignment and deployment of efficient working practices.
Key Result areas:
• Responsible for the continuous improvement and production management of end-to-end data lifecycle data receive/prep/load access controls, retrieval, amendment and archiving.
• Responsible for ensuring all direct and indirect teams that are engaged in the lifecycle are aligned to the data related policies and business effectiveness and efficiency KPI’s and objectives.
• Works collaboratively with the Data Office Data Governance, Data Insights, Data Strategy & Acquisition teams as well as the Shared Services (Services, Solutions, Technology) and Business Units (PCUs) to ensure the overall business objectives are met with roadmap for industry leading performance.
• Works as part of a “Plan – Build – Run” matrix across the Data Office, Technology, Solutions and Service teams applying ITIL processes as appropriate.
• Works across the organisation to consult, co-lead and implement the strategic Digital transformation of the data services.
• Collaborate with the Data Governance, Data Insights, Strategy, Acquisition, Services, Solutions and Technology teams to continuously improve data quality, and search/match logic.
• Executing data controls and governance policies defined by Data Governance, Security, Compliance and risk.
• Provide leadership for incidents resolution and problem solving.
• Work with the Data Labs and PCU’s to help deploy innovative tools that improve accuracy, efficiency and robust risk controls which creates a culture and environment of “excellence” across the group.
• Lead Performance for Growth ensuring that all team members have stretching personal objectives, development plans and regular performance reviews to embed a high-performance culture.
• Develop and implement talent management and succession plans to identify and develop high potential employees, and ensure an available talent pipeline to meet business and capability requirements.
• Ensure training and competency plans are in place and that all team members complete required training in a timely manner.
• Create a culture and environment that attracts, retains and develops talent.
• Establish and frequently review the organisational structure and allocation of responsibilities, accountabilities and necessary resources to ensure regulatory obligations are met and that the business is managed and controlled effectively.
• Define and drive clear goals and objectives for the function.
• Drive employee engagement and enablement and openly encourage two-way communication flows, acting on employee survey feedback.
• Create, sustain and shape a culture that promotes openness, honesty, integrity and accountability within the team and across the business.
• Shape and champion a culture in the team that achieves the business goals and keeps treating customers fairly at the heart of everything that Experian UKI does.
• Lead by example and drive adherence to and understanding of regulatory requirements and obligations.
• Build purposeful relationships with key business leaders, Data Office Leaders and peer Shared Services teams.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Educated to Master’s degree-level management, operations science or equivalent.
• Proficiency in Data Operations, Operations Management or equivalent.
• Proficiency in Continuous Improvement methodologies: Lean, Six Sigma or equivalent.
• Proficiency in large-scale, complex data processing environments.
• Demonstration of continuous self-development: Leadership, technical, operational.
• Business and commercial experience in a complex, matrix global environment.
• Experience with running a data operations function
• Experience of business planning techniques and disciplines needed to develop and execute operational plans.
• Strong awareness of the financial market space and drivers of success.
• Risk management practices and processes.
• Creative & strategic thinker.
• Change management experience in an operational and matrix environment.
• Proven success in team-building and line management, to include coaching and mentoring skills.
• Clear and adept communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
• Understanding how to use insight and analytics across a broad spectrum of areas to understand the drivers of performance, what issues and opportunities exist to ‘improve’ customer experience and our commercial results, and what needs to happen to make that improvement.
• Results-orientated leadership.
• Have operated in a 3LOD environment