Senior Java Developer
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
As Software Developer you'll be experienced and passionate about technology, enjoy working with other tech savvy people in an agile environment to ensure your projects and team mates collectively achieves to add value to our client’s products and services.
- Being an active mentor within the team that can provide guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality
- Driving software development practices forward as an enthusiastic team player
- Using agile techniques to produce great software with an emphasis on Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Being an active member in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Looking to consistently improving your team’s results.
Required skills and experience:
- Proficient in Java (Groovy/Grails experience also highly desirable)
- Have delivery experience within an agile project in TDD, Pair Programming
- Knowledge of SQL Databases, ESB's and Message Brokers
- Automated continuous delivery and deployment, and automated testing
- knowledge of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Lean, Kanban and XP
- Cucumber and mockito - or equivalent
- RESTful APIs
- IntelliJ IDEA (Mac)
- Spring, Junit and dropwizard
- Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
- Proven delivery experience of high volume, high availability, large-scale backend system.
- Active participation in relevant technology communities (EG Meet-ups)
- JVM languages (Groovy, Kotlin and Scala etc)
- MongoDB or other No SQL databases
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. Splunk, Kibana, Elastic Search, Grafana etc
- Micro Services.
If interest, please be in touch!
0203 854 0140