Job Title: Enterprise/ Infrastructure Architect
Client: Home Office
Contract Length: 12 months
Pay Rate: £500 per day
IR35 Status: Outside
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Design Data Centre services and technology. Ensuring the design moves to AS-A-Service Infrastructure up to and including hypervisor level.
• Capture and analysis of data centre tenant requirements, considering capacity, resilience and asset lifecycle.
• Clearly document the high and Low level data centre design and configuration.
• Leading design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate DC designs and validate proposed solutions
• Assisting in the provision of 3rd line support as required.
• Ensuring the strategic fit of the DC services into the HO Enterprise Services ITOC.
• Responsible for ensuring the design and compliance of ATO including working with security assessors.
1. Experience working in Government or large and highly regulated environments.
2. Over 10 years’ experience in a senior architectural engineering role.
3. Experience working in a complex organisation including working directly with a variety and range of non-technical stakeholders to deliver DC Transformation.
4. Experience in supporting and managing BAU engineering, and major incidents in relation to network troubleshooting.
5. Experience in the design and configuration of high availability compute / storage OR DC network capability.
6. Experience in the design and configuration of hypervisor technology.
7. Experience in troubleshooting and tools for DC monitoring.
8. Production of complex technical deployment and support documentation for Storage / Compute OR DC network.
Qualifications and Experience required:
1. Certification in DC technologies
2. TOGAF Qualified
3. Vendor formal certification
4. Bachelor’s degree in any field
or relevant demonstrable experience
1. Experience of DCs which operate above OFFICIAL classification.
2. Practical experience of Service Now integration