Location: MOD ISS Corsham - Wiltshire
Contract Length: 3 Months initial – With potential extension
Summary of the work :
There is a requirement for a Defence Public Key Infrastructure (DPKI) Technical Support Technician. The responsibilities will include technical support for all DRCA and Level 1 issuing environments: the underlying DPKI infrastructure, configuration management and acting as the focal point for all DRCA activities and enquiries.
Who the specialist will work with:
The specialist will work with the ISS Service Design (PKI team), ISS Operate including Crypto Services for Defence and the DPKI Technical Specialists. The individual will report to ISS Des-Arch34-Arch.
What the specialist will work on:
- The DRCA, Level 1 issuing Certification Authority, and associated equipment.
- Management: focal point for queries, liaise with stakeholders to ensure availability for all activities.
- Assist the technical specialist/act as a Trusted Role when required.
- Infrastructure support and manage/maintain the underlying infrastructure and associated equipment for all environments to ensure availability and safety.
- Manage VMWare infrastructure and build virtual machines on request. Manage and perform software, firmware and AV updates as necessary. Control configuration records and manage changes to the environments.
- Asset management for environments.
- Ensure all assets are identified, licenced, supportable and managed using the Asset Database).
Most tasking will take place from MoD Corsham and you are required there 5 days a week, the working day is 8 hours to include 30 minutes for lunch. Occasional day visits may be required in the UK to other equipment hosting locations. Overnight visits will only be permitted if authorised in advance. T&S will be at MOD extant rates.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstration of technical experience managing a PKI environment.
- Demonstration of experience in the technical configuration of specialist equipment such as Hardware Security Modules (HSM), encrypted disk drives and key material.
- Show evidence of experience and management of software licencing, vendor support agreements, configuration control and asset management.
- Show an excellent working knowledge of Windows Server (2012R2 /2016), Entrust EASM, VMWare ESXi and SolarWinds Web Help Desk (Asset Management).
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Demonstration of technical knowledge and practical experience in the design and physical implementation of computer networking including Safety and SCIDA.
- Show experience in PKI key signing operations and the operation of Certification Authorities (CA) and Registration Authorities (RA).
- Show knowledge of IETF RFC5280 and RFC3647.
Developed Vetting (DV) is required due to the type of work and the systems the incumbent will be required to work on. DV clearance must be in place on commencement of the contract and the expectation is that this will be maintained for the duration of the contract.