IT Service Delivery Manager
Job Title: IT Service Delivery Manager
Client: Home Office
Contract Length: 2 years
Pay Rate: £450-550 per day
IR35 Status: Outside IR35
Summary of the work
• The IT Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for the management of the service elements of each Interim Operating Model (IOM).
The SDM manages:
• Defined measures of integrated service;
• Process performance across teams;
• Operational agreements;
• Contractual arrangements;
• Stakeholder management;
• Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
Who the specialist will work with
• NLEDP Service Management Team
What the specialist will work on
• Manage operational costs/financial controls.
• Escalation point for internal stakeholders/suppliers.
• Work with all teams to ensure IOM capabilities effectively and efficiently meet stakeholder needs, including MI/performance measurement.
• Work with supplier managers to assure ongoing governance.
• Work with Service Management process owners for consistent implementation/delivery of ITIL processes, including Incident, Change, Knowledge, CSI and Problem Management.
• Manage/chair regular service review, including inputs/outputs.
• Coordinate/improve performance, integration/interoperability across NLEDP teams/suppliers.
• Identify/remediate causes of cross team service failure.
• Ensure adherence of service team(s) to defined policies/procedures.
• Conduct analysis to identify improvements, including work flow/cost-comparison analysis.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in an operational IT delivery team role.
• 5 years demonstrable managerial experience of working in a multi-supplier service delivery environment
• Experience in Managing Live Processes, Resourcing for operational teams, Tracking value for service, Developing quality standards
• Operating at SFIA Level 4 or above
• Experience in streamlining complex IT processes and services
• Awareness of secure environments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills across teams and levels of organisation with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, and clearly articulate plans, expected results and benefits
• Must be professional, innovative, assertive and enjoy working with people; critical thinking, creativity, and independent judgment are expected
• Ability to take (complex) data and transform it into information that is digestible for colleagues and management teams
• Vendor management capabilities to drive efficient and streamlined services across a multi-supplier IT environment
• Keen organizational skills with a strong sense of urgency and the capacity to prioritize without formal directives
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment
• ITIL Foundation Certification v3 or later
• Ability to build effective working relationships, establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding stakeholder group
• Experienced in working with strategic partners
• Ensure role is and function is represented with suitable authority
Nice-to-have skills and experience
• Experience of Jira and Confluence
• Experience of managing services hosted through Cloud provisioning, e.g. AWS, Azure.
• Understanding of the Law Enforcement landscape
• Experience of financial drivers and levers for the control and stewardship used of IT assets and resources used in the provision of IT services