Senior Business Analyst - Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Length: 4 months
Location: Marsham Street
Rate: £550 per day
Summary of the work
MHCLG need an experienced senior business analyst to undertake a number of business, technical, analytical and project management related activities to support the re-procurement of the new Energy Performance of Buildings Register service.
MHCLG need a Senior Business Analyst to continue development of the current Outline-Business-Case (OBC), seeking approval for funding/justification of the project. With GDS Service Standards, the project needs to develop an agile programme business case to support digital transformation of the current EPB-Register-Services. Re-procurement, user, business and technical specifications need to be captured to meet business needs.
Who the specialist will work with
The successful supplier will work alongside an internal project delivery team (Product Owner, Programme Management Office, and associated management support); and departmental subject matter experts (SME's) (including IT, digital, data, legal, commercial, and policy). The successful supplier will also work with the successful supplier who are chosen to deliver the Alpha phase for the Energy Performance of Buildings Register service too.
What the specialist will work on
MHCLG requires a business analyst to;
- Deliver a further iteration of Outline-Business-Case (OBC) to support re-procurement, making economic-and-technical benefits/approach to be taken.
- Develop-an-agile-Programme-Business-Case-(PBC)-to support a new digital-service-to-replace-the-existing-service.
- Update the EPB-Service-and-Business process-flow in conjunction with discovery/alpha outputs.
- Capture Business/service-requirements and develop- functionality/design specification-to -meet-business-needs.
- Support procurement/project-delivery to ensure management-of-key-project-risks.
- To meet business needs, capture re-procurement, user, business and technical specifications.
- To ensure orderly delivery of the project, key plans, technical, commercial, transitional and delivery risks need to be managed effectively and efficiently.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate (with specific examples) experience in delivery of business analytical support
- Demonstrate experience of delivering an effective business and agile programme business case to support a digital service procurement;
- Outline your experience of delivering business and technical requirements to meet the business needs, utilising cloud/technical opportunities and handling complexity and challenging timeline for delivery.
- Provide (with specific examples) your experience of where you have been involved during the designing and delivering Cloud-based MVP solutions (for alpha-prototype, private-beta and/or public-live service)
- Demonstrate your analytical approach to the management of technical, commercial and delivery risks
- Demonstrate your experience working to the Digital Service Standard, ideally at alpha and Beta
- Demonstrate your experience (with specific examples) of where you have supported and drafted business case to support a business decision.