Location: Greater London
Job ID: 5461
Employment Type: Contract
Job Title: Service Architect
Client: Home Office
Contract Length: 24 Months
Pay Rate: £750
IR35 Status: Outside IR35
Location: London - 2 Marsham Street
Summary of the work
- To work with the team for a Major Programme to define, document and agree with all stakeholders and ongoing service architecture. You will also be responsible for managing the introduction of new Service, working as part of a small team.
Skills and experience
- The successful candidate will be an experienced IT professional.
- In depth service management experience & understanding of ITIL (V3).
- Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing service architectures for complex systems in large government departments or other large organisation
- Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to service architecture
- Strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills; able to ensure that advice regarding the service specialism is acted upon.
- A creative and pragmatic approach to service design.
- Ability to absorb new technical, commercial and business concepts quickly, and work with them.
- Recognised expertise in service model development and its application within a business environment e.g. intelligent customer function.
- A sound, broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how support services impact on other business functions.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming business needs into contractual requirements.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- ITIL V3 Expert Qualification
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions.
- Experience with open source solutions and community.
- Knowledge of Agile development, deployment and operations lifecycle
- Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of providing or managing outsourced service management services.