Java Software Engineer. £50k-£60k + 25% bonus + 18% pension, West London
It's a great time to join our client’s ambitious and competitive team in a business that is fun, fast-paced and a really great place to work with daily hands-on exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
About the company:
Our client is leading in the gaming industry and it is made up of a team of over 100 motivated and hardworking individuals globally. They use the latest tech to maintain their place at the centre of the industry, being a key figure in client brand awareness and market knowledge.
The business is a fast-paced and a great place to work. You'll be encouraged take part of and try new things with the autonomy for self-development but also, they have a training fund for you to spend each year. This is encouraged through an extremely competitive performance related bonus scheme going up to 25%.
Your role as a Java Software Engineer:
You will be working on a greenfield project using the latest cloud technologies and having a crucial input into the technical direction of a brand-new product offering which will enable the business affiliated partners to query data sets important to them in determining their products, which will put you right at the heart its industry.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
• Building maintainable, testable, resilient software systems including monitoring and operational impact throughout the process
• Working alongside Architects and Senior Developers to design the system
• Working as part of a team – improving coding standards and processes for the entire company
• Working with the latest cloud technologies on large data sets and challenging projects.
• Owning the end to end software delivery process
You should have knowledge of the following technologies:
• A team player with big ambitions and a passion for all thing’s tech
• Minimum of two years’ experience with Java, Spring, maven and git.
• Been working with collaborative tools (Gitlab/Github, JIRA, Jenkins)
• Experience with working with RDBMS data platforms
• Been involved with cloud GCP, Docker & Kubernetes
• RESTful APIs
• Experience with working with NoSQL data platforms e.g. Big Table, Big Query
• Some knowledge of different languages (Scala, Python, PHP or Go)
• Knowledge of Elasticsearch using Kibana and java
• Distributed systems (RabbitMQ/Kafka/PubSub/Dataflow.)
If interested, throw your hat in the ring and get in touch!