Sector:Senior IT Appointments
£75,000 - £90,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Head of Applications ¦ East Midlands ¦ £75-90k + Benefits
Xpertise have been engaged by a Software House in the East Midlands to support on the search for a Head of Applications. As the Head of Applications, you will be responsible for all the applications lifecycles within the business as well as the day-to-day man management.
Reporting directing into the Directors you will be responsible for applications that have either been developed internally or some which were created by external 3rd parties. Standardising Application management, responsible for driving operational effectiveness, quality control and efficiency.
You will work closely with Engineering, Test, R&D, Product Management. Aligning the app support, Problem management and application management
- Lead a high performing team of Applications Managers, ensuring both capacity and capability of the function are managed effectively.
- Ensuring compliance of the Applications Management function to standard operating procedures and information security policies.
- Maintaining a strategy that ensure the release, transition, operation and decommission processes are seamless and monitored for consistency, effectiveness and efficiency across the R&D software products and support the wider service operating model
- Ensuring all R&D products have a service model and associated SLA
- Ensuring Applications Management processes align to quality standards and measure and manage Quality Issues in R&D.
- Measurement of the performance & cost of the released solutions from R&D, identifying and leading on the delivery of identified improvements.
- Maintaining the license register for the R&D purchased software and services, approving new purchases and renewals.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experienced working with the C-level
- Creating strategy and delivering on that strategy
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, including customer and business third parties
- Working knowledge of IT service management practices (e.g. ITIL)
- A collaborative mindset able to bring the teams and board on the journey.
For more information on this role or other similar roles please contact Phil Brindley
Xpertise are acting as an employment agency and business
Back to Jobs