Help Desk Team Lead
Sector:Cloud, Infrastructure & DevOps
Contract Type: Permanent
Helpdesk Team Leader
Location: East Midlands
As a Helpdesk Team Leader, you will be working with the Service Support & Operations Manager to deliver stable, reliable and robust IT Services. In addition, responsible for analysing and reviewing the quality of incident and request data, highlighting areas of improvement and working with the Service Support and Operations Manager to implement Service Improvements by way of coaching the service support analysts on best practice. You will naturally present yourself as a trustworthy, professional and a technically proficient Helpdesk Lead with great attention to details and understanding of service management processes.
What you'll do:
- Provide end to end ownership of all incidents, requests, problems and changes as well as supporting the calls via telephone and via the ITSM Tool, SeviceNow
- To deal with escalated calls where the usual resolution falls outside agreed targets as well as managing VIP raised tickets
- Maintain documentation for technical resolutions and provision of reviews regularly.
- Proactive Problem Management for open incidents to identify repeat failures, duplicates and related incidents that have not been captured during incident triage.
- Identifying continual service improvement opportunities ensuring they are captured on Jira for review with the Service Support & Operations Manager to prioritise.
- Ensure appropriate training for new and existing staff and services are transitioned successfully ensuring we provide the best IT Service
- Escalate where required to the Service Support & Operations Manager for managing escalations including monitoring SLA adherence.
- Work with the Service Support and Operations Manager to continually delivery service improvements in order to streamline processes and minimise cost.
- Analyse the performance of the Service Support Analysts activities and document resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service.
- Support, develop the Service Support Analysts with a hands-on approach by ensuring the team achieves targets for quality, ticket handling and first-time fix.
- A flexible approach to working hours and be part of the rota to ensure the needs of the business is met and be available for on-call if required.
- Hold 1:1's and appraisals with documented outputs to Service Support Manager
- Measure and manage the workload of the Service Support team with daily, weekly and monthly reporting on service and team performance.
- Deliver training to the team to improve overall performance and quality of delivered services.
Experience and Skills required:
Back to Jobs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems, MS Office, Pc’s Laptops Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange & Office 365 Management
- Understanding of VPN, Email filters & MDM (Android / iOS)
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS)
- Awareness of Service Delivery best practices and the operational processes
- Experience of working in customer support within a retail industry
- Experience of using an ITSM suite
- Continual Service Improvement
- Coaching and Mentoring