- We are helping you find a role
- We have helped you find a role in the past
- We are providing you with a service
- You are applying to work for Xpertise
- You are providing a reference for a candidate
- You are a contact from one of our clients or suppliers
What data do we collect about you and where does it come from?
We usually collect information about your work history and education (CV) together with your name and contact details such as email address, phone number and address. We understand that your CV is an important, personal document and we believe that you should be fully in control of the contents of your CV and who sees that information. We will check with you that the information we are holding is up to date before submitting you for any roles.
We may also need to collect additional information such as ID documentation, nationality, right to work documentation, references, national insurance number and date of birth. Some roles require additional checks such as financial and criminal record. We will contact you to let you know if any of these are needed.
If you provide a reference for someone we will hold your name, contact details and details of the reference you have provided.
If you work for a current or potential client or supplier we may hold a limited amount of information such as your contact details, your company name and your position in the company.
The information that we collect about you will either have come directly from you or from a third party where you have shared your work history such as a job board or a networking site or we may have found it in the public domain or been given some information from a referee.
How do we use your personal data?
The main purpose for holding your data is to help you find roles and support you in your career development. We will send you information about roles which we think may be of interest to you. We will always contact you before putting your CV forward for a role.
Under GDPR we are required to let you know the lawful basis we are using to process your data. As we are a recruitment business we consider we have a ‘legitimate interest’ in using your data for these types of recruitment activities and therefore this is the basis on which we are holding your personal data.
If you enter into an engagement with us we will need to hold the relevant information for the lawful basis of ‘performing a contract’.
We review the data we hold about you regularly and we know that everyone’s career is different so the time between changing roles can vary from weeks to several years. If we have had no contact with you for over six years we will remove your records from our candidate database, but we will contact you before doing this to ask if you would like to continue receiving information from us which might be of interest to you. Please note that if you have entered into a contract with us there is certain information that we may be required by law to hold for a defined minimum period such as tax records.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your CV with our clients who are seeking to fill a role but we will always check with you before doing this.
If you have entered into a contract with us we will share relevant information with tax authorities as required by law.
We use various third party IT suppliers which store and process data on our behalf. We have appropriate processing agreements and security measures in place with these suppliers.
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and have a range of technical and operational security measures in place to protect the personal information we hold.
We hope that you find our recruitment services useful and are happy for us keep your personal data to enable us to provide you with the best service possible. GDPR sets out the rights you have. At Xpertise we take our data responsibilities seriously but if you have any concerns which you think we haven’t addressed after contacting us about them then you can raise these with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or would like anything changing in the records we hold about you such as:
- If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you (a data subject access request)
- If you need us to make any changes because the information we are holding is inaccurate
- If you wish to unsubscribe from direct marketing. The easiest way to stop us sending you group mailings is to click the “unsubscribe” button on one of the mailings. Otherwise you can contact us directly to let us know. If you “unsubscribe” from group mailings we may still contact you individually for example about a specific role that may be of interest.
- If you would like us to remove your data from our database (known as the right to be forgotten). Please note that if there are any contractual or legal reasons for holding information about you, for example you have worked for us as a contractor, we will need to continue holding relevant information about you. Please also note that if your data is somewhere in the public domain such as a networking site like LinkedIn or a job board it is possible we may come across this and contact you again. If this does happen it does not necessarily mean that we have captured your data on our systems, so please accept our apologies. We would be happy to let you know where we found your data if you would like to know.